KANGEMA UNIVERSITY &COLLEGE STUDENTS NETWORK(KUCSN)
This is a registered students’ network created on January 2014. Currently with membership of 500+ and endeavors to reach 3000 students from our constituency
To mobilize and empower college and university students in the constituency through :
Organizing open forums to discuss issue affecting them.
We believe that world changers are people who dream and dare to believe that their dream is valid and go further to do something to make their dream a tangible physical reality. They have audacity to impose their dreams on world. Pioneers of the first university in the world were not graduates of any university themselves. Therefore we’d be very right to say that what change the world are not degrees but people. We realize our ability to transform the society. KUCSN is where every student belongs.
- KIAIRATHE SECONDARY SCHOOL
- KIAIRATHE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- RWATHIA SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MIHUTI SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GITHIGA SECONDARY SCHOOL
- KIBUTHA DAY PRIMARY SCHOOL
- KIBUTHA MIXED BOARDING SCHOOL
- GITUGU SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GITUGU PRIMARY SCHOOL
- KARURUMO PRIMARY SCHOOL
- KARURUMO SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GACHARAIGU SECONDARY SCHOOL
- KIBUTHA GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL
- NYAKAHURA SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GATUNDUINI SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GATUNDUINI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- TUTHU PRIMARY SCHOOL
CHURCHES AND WEEKEND CHALLENGES
- RWATHIA FULL GOSPEL CHURCH
- GATUNDUINI ST PETERS CHURCH
- MIHUTI SECONDARY SCHOOL
- There shall be two types of general meetings- annul general meetings and special meetings.
- The annual general meeting shall not be held later than January in each year. Notice in writing of such annual general meeting accompanied by the annual statement of accounts and the agenda of the meeting shall be sent to all members in not less than 21 days before the date of the meeting and where practicable by email, Skype, Facebook, SMS, WhatsApp and the societies website.
- The agenda of the annual general meeting shall contain the following:
- Confirmation of the minutes of the previous annual general meeting.
- Consideration of the accounts.
- Election of office bearers and committee members.
- Such other matters as the committee may decide or as to which notice shall have been given in writing by a member or members to the secretary at least four weeks before the date of the meeting.
- Any other business with the approval of the chairman.
- A special general meeting may be called for any specific purpose by the committee.
Notice in writing of such meetings shall be sent to all members not less than seven days before the date there of and where practicable.
- A special general meeting may also be requisitioned for a specific purpose by order in writing of not less than 20 members and such meetings shall be held with 21 days within 21 days of requisition depending on conveniences. No matter shall be discussed other than that in the requisition.
- Quorums for general meetings shall not be less a third of registered members of the society.
PROCEDURE AT MEETINGS
- At all meetings of the society the chairman, or in his absence, the vice chair, or in the absence of both officers, a member selected by the meeting shall take the chair.
- The chairman may at his discretion limit the number of persons permitted to speak in favor of or against any motion.
- Resolutions shall be decided by simple voting by show of hands. In the case of equality of votes, the chairman shall have a second to make the final decision.
- Must be registered KUCSN for period not less than one year member
- Must have attended at least 75% of KUCSN activities
- Must be a student in recognized institution during the tenure of leadership
- Must not have any personal political interest
- Must prove to be loyal and trustworthy in conducting matters concerning the network.
- There shall be a nomination/election body comprising of all ineligible exiting leaders (and honorary members). They shall fairly vet all interested persons to see if they qualify. The qualified persons shall then be presented during AGM for voting (in case more than one person qualify)
- Any member wishing to be nominated/elected to leadership shall be required to express his/her interest at least 21 days before AGM through writing to networks email or directly to network’s secretary
- The funds of the society shall be used to facilitate all the activities of the society.
- All money and funds shall be received by and paid to the finance secretary and shall be deposited by him in the name of association in any bank approved by the committee.
- No payments shall be made out of the bank account without resolution of the committee authorizing such payments and all cheques on such bank accounts shall be signed by the finance secretary and the other office bearers of the society who shall be appointed by the committee.
- The committee shall have power to suspend any office bearers who it has reasonable cause to believe is not properly accounting for any of the fund s or property of the society and shall have the power to appoint another person in his place.
- The financial year of association shall be from 1st January to 31st
AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
A proposed amendment should be submitted to the network’s secretary in writing 21 days before the general for inclusion in AGM agendas
Amendments to the constitution or the society must be approved by at least a two thirds majority of members at general meeting of the society.